November is a month of transition, where the vibrant colours of autumn give way to winter. A November wedding offers a unique opportunity to blend the last remnants of beautiful autumnal colour before the start of the Christmas season. As you plan your wedding decor, choosing the right flowers can help you capture the essence of this transitional month. From warm and earthy tones to elegant and timeless classics, let’s explore some of the best flower choices to make your November wedding truly enchanting.
Embracing the November Palette: November’s colour palette is a fusion of rich, warm hues and softer, subdued tones. Think deep reds, rustic oranges, warm yellows, and velvety browns. These colours not only reflect the last of the changing leaves but also create a sense of much needed cosiness as the weather gets colder. By the end of the month, when winter is upon us, a classic palette of whites and ivories becomes perfect for an elegant romantic feel.
Top Flower Picks for a November Wedding:
- Roses: Roses, with their enduring symbolism of love and beauty, are an excellent choice for a November wedding. Opt for rich reds, warm oranges, and deep burgundy hues or go for cool elegant whites and ivories.
2. Tulips: Embrace the elegance of tulips by selecting varieties in shades of deep purple, maroon, or creamy white. These graceful blooms can add a touch of sophistication to your wedding arrangements.
3. Chrysanthemums: With their diverse range of shapes and colours, chrysanthemums are an ideal choice for a November wedding. Their large blooms are perfect for installation and design that are required to provide real impact.
4. Hypericum Berries: For a gorgeous textural element, consider adding hypericum berries to your arrangements. From white to coral and apricot right through to deep red and browns they work with any November colour palette.
5. Eucalyptus: Always a favourite but not always at its best in the summer, Eucalyptus really comes into its own during late autumn and winter. This robust, silvery-grey foliage provides a gorgeous backdrop for rich earthy palettes and cool elegant whites alike.
Creating Magical Arrangements: To infuse your November wedding with seasonal charm, incorporate elements such as beautiful seasonal foliage, pinecones, grasses and dried wheat. These accents will add depth and texture to your arrangements while evoking a sense of comfort and warmth. Embrace the dark evenings and dress your venue with candles as well as flowers for a cosy and romantic vibe.
• Pure Romance: Create a bouquet with ivory roses, tulips and orchids against a backdrop of silvery eucalyptus, Senecio and brachyglottis for a timeless and romantic arrangement.
• Autumnal Opulence: Combine richly coloured chrysanthemums, tulips, dianthus and the last of the Dahlias in shades of rust, maroon, and burgundy intertwined with delicate ferns for an opulent yet natural bouquet.
• Harvest Chic: Create a rustic bouquet featuring warm-toned dahlias, hypericum berries, bupleurum and delicate sprigs of pinecones, grasses and wheat. Finish off with a twine ribbon or hessian for a seasonal, country touch.
A November wedding presents a unique opportunity to either capture the last of the autumn colour or embrace the beginning of winter. The flowers you choose can play a pivotal role in dictating the atmosphere and style of your day whether it be rustic warmth of cool sophistication. The choice of flowers is still wide and there is a wealth of choice regarding texture and form. November’s floral options offer endless possibilities to create a truly enchanting and memorable celebration.